January 2016

Club Traveler

Club Members Share Their 2016 Travel Plans

It’s a brand new year, which means it’s time to look forward to new adventures. Club Members enjoy a rich variety of vacation options, from staying at Club resorts in favorite destinations like Orlando and Hawaii to taking advantage of ClubPartner Perks such as cruises and RV rentals. You can also extend your destination options around the world by booking an exchange vacation through RCI.

Club Traveler asked Club Members where they’re planning to travel in 2016. Here’s where some of them are looking forward to visiting.

Michael David Schmidt and Dolores Buendia Schmidt, Owners at Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

“This summer we are planning a 4-generation family reunion in Honolulu at Hilton Hawaiian Village. We will be visiting my 94-year-old grandmother, who can no longer travel. She now lives with my brother on Oahu. The last time she traveled back to the mainland was when my daughter Aileen got married, and she always said that when Aileen has a baby, she will babysit. We are looking forward to our trip for my mom to meet her new great-grandson Ethan. The Hilton Grand Vacations Club properties in Honolulu are just perfect for my mom, so it’s easy to walk her around the lagoon and the ADA room. And we are very excited as the property is also kid-friendly, for our grandson to enjoy!”

Cindy Barnes, Holden Gray, Jennifer and Matthew Wright, Owners at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld, Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, Hilton Grand Vacations Club at MarBrisa.

“Our biggest 2016 vacation will be at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun because we love Mexico and return each year to explore a different Mayan ruin and to enjoy the beach and great weather. We will also be staying at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at McAlpin – Ocean Plaza in South Beach. We love Miami and the beach. The restaurants are great, and over the past four years we have come to know the staff well and always get a warm welcome on our return. It's like going home instead of on vacation. As you can see, our Hilton Grand Vacations Club ownership works great, and we do not have to winter in New York!”

Yago and Elena Ferreira, Owners at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld.

“We have two trips abroad planned for 2016. First, we want to visit our home resort in Orlando (but we are staying at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Tuscany Village) and cruising to the East Caribbean in March. And secondly, we are visiting one of our sons, who lives in Montreal, Canada, in June.”

John and Carol Burrows, Owners at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld.

“We are traveling to Paris, London and Barcelona. I always wanted to travel to Europe, and my daughter is graduating from high school and this will be a great graduation gift.”

Joye Lynn Kittrell and Thomas Patrick Kittrell, Owners at Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

“We currently have planned: Carlsbad, California; St. Augustine, Florida; and Williamsburg, Virginia. We will probably add Valdoro Mountain Lodge in Breckenridge in the fall. The Carlsbad trip is to celebrate our 32nd anniversary! St. Augustine is just one of my favorite towns EVER. We try to go there at least one time per year… great history, food and things to do. It is the most fun place I have ever been, and the scenery is just gorgeous with the Bay and beaches. Williamsburg is a family vacation (no children) and Valdoro is just a getaway in the fall that we haven't been to yet. We would love to go back to Hilton Head when the new property opens up or stay in a RCI resort, which we did in the fall.”

Andrew and Robin Firth, Owners at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld and Kohala Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

“We are planning to travel through RCI to Massachusetts, the Grand Canyon and Washington, D.C. We want to show the kids some of the major landmarks of our country.”

Tim and Patty Tierney, Owners at Ocean 22 by Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

“We are looking forward to our daughter’s softball tournament in Myrtle Beach. It is a beautiful place.”

Charles and Katheryn Robinson, Owners at The Hilton Club – New York.

“Our big vacation in 2016 is a May cruise on Holland America from Montreal to Boston, and maybe continuing on to the Bahamas. We really liked our first cruise with Hilton Grand Vacations Club (Alaska with two days in Denali in 2015 on Holland America) and we’re looking forward to our second cruise to explore eastern Canada and the northeast U.S.”

Where are you traveling in 2016? Email [email protected] to tell us all about your vacation plans.