September 2018

Club Traveler

Members Celebrate Love with a Romantic Vow Renewal

With the ocean in front of you, the sun beaming down and the smell of sweet flowers and cocktails all around, it’s hard not to fall for Hawaii—especially on Valentine’s Day.

Every month, The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations Club hosts something special, and Shoko F., international guest experience manager, thought a wedding vow renewal might be just that—something special for Club Member couples. When Shoko was brainstorming event ideas for February, she thought about how HGV is another home and a big part of Club Members’ lives. 

Club Member couples renew their vows during an unforgettable Hawaii vacation.

“I did my wedding by the Hilton lagoon and stayed at Lagoon Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations Club and the Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations Club. It was remarkable,” Shoko says. “I also thought a dynamic experience with an international group of people—from Japan, Canada, Europe, the U.S. and more—who love HGV and Hawaii [could] be a special engagement between owners, guests and us.”

Shoko created a sign-up sheet, and 15 couples put their names on the list. During the ceremony, held next to the Grand Islander’s waterfall, couples exchanged traditional Hawaiian leis and a Hawaiian blessing.

Though she's performed many weddings since obtaining her State of Hawaii officiant license three years ago, this was Shoko’s first group service. “It was amazing, powerful, beautiful and a very emotional moment,” she says.

Club Members smile after a special Valentine’s Day vow renewal event.

One Owner says, “My husband surprised me with this amazing event. It was one of the most memorable moments of my life.” An Owner from Japan says, “I loved that we participated with domestic Owners [in this] ceremony. We can’t have this in Japan. The best experience in my vacation [was when we] exchanged leis. It was our wedding anniversary, and the ceremony was perfect.”

The ceremony was special. “I was so honored to be part of these celebrations and witness couples renewing their lives together on the most romantic day of the year—Valentine’s Day!” Shoko says.

Did you know …

Valentine’s Day is only about six months away? Many HGV properties’ booking windows are available six months out, so now is the ideal time to book a V-Day getaway for you and your sweetheart.

*All photos in this article are courtesy of Hilton Grand Vacations Club.