Save Points | HOA
Current Status of Your HGV Club Membership in Response to COVID-19
We’re committed to providing you with the information you need to make informed decisions around your travel and Club Membership. Please find readily available updates about your membership below, along with past communications that have been sent out for your reference.
Hilton Honors Conversion
Hilton Grand Vacations implemented a temporary 50% reduction in the Hilton Honors conversion ratios for transactions made in 2020. This includes 2020 ClubPoints used toward a Hilton hotel reservation, and 2020 and 2021 ClubPoints converted to Hilton Honors Points. This is a temporary adjustment, which will be lifted starting on January 1, 2021. Learn more about this decision in Stan Soroka’s latest Club Member update.
Your vacation dreams may be on hold, but our commitment to you isn’t. Here is what we are doing to address your concerns about your Points.
- 2020 ClubPoints: We will automatically save any remaining 2020 ClubPoints into 2021 at no cost to you at the end of the year. This will continue to allow you flexibility to decide when travel is right for you. If you are ready to book a 2021 reservation now using your 2020 Points, you can visit the Manage My Points section of the website and save your points first at no cost. If you already paid to save your 2020 Points into 2021, you will receive a refund of the amount paid. As a reminder, your account must be in good standing to use your Points and to check-in at a resort. For additional information, please visit our dedicated FAQs web page.
- Previously Saved Points: We understand your available window to use Saved Points has been shortened. As a result, Points saved into 2020 have been extended through 2021. This adjustment was completed in April 2020.
- Bonus Points: For as long as travel is interrupted, Bonus Points used for a cancelled reservation that have since expired will be returned and given a 60-day extension. We also extended Bonus Points that expired in April, May, June, July and August 2020 through June 30, July 31, August 31, September 30 and October 31 respectively. We will assess the situation every month and apply the extension as needed. This adjustment does not require any action on your part — we simply ask for your patience as we continue to implement this process.
Please continue to visit the Points Dashboard to view your available Points and book your next stay.
Current Reservations and Upcoming Resort Stays
We are happy to announce, we have re-opened many properties and will continue to do so during the coming months. Visit HGV’s Travel Updates page for the most current list of properties that are open and any government mandates you need to be aware of before your stay. Please note we highly recommend all guests wear face coverings in common areas while vacationing at our properties to help prevent the spread of germs. Also, not all amenities and services are available at each property at this time. Please review the Resort Features section on each property page for a full list of available services and open/temporarily closed amenities when making your reservation.
We also continue to reach out to HGV Owners and guests, informing them of date changes to reservations at properties that continue to temporarily suspend operations. If you have an upcoming reservation at one of these properties, please check your email inbox for details.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
We understand that our Club Members may feel uncertainty about booking future travel during this time. To allow for travel flexibility and peace of mind, we are now waiving our reservation cancellation policy through the end of the year so you can cancel any time prior to check-in. Members will receive a full refund of Points and Open Season fees for any reservation cancellations made through December 31, 2020.
In addition, we are providing a refund of transaction fees for reservations that must be canceled due to a property’s extended closure. A list of the properties impacted and the dates that must be met for this refund are listed below:
- Arrivals at the following resort for stays through October 31, 2020 and cancellations received by October 31, 2020 will be automatically refunded:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch Lodges
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Craigendarroch Suites
- Arrivals at the following resort for stays through November 2, 2020 and cancellations received by November 2, 2020 will be automatically refunded:
- Kings’ Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Arrivals at the following resort for stays through November 13, 2020 and cancellations received by November 13, 2020 will be automatically refunded:
- Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Arrivals at the following resort for stays through December 1, 2020 and cancellations received by December 1, 2020 will be automatically refunded:
- The Hilton Club – New York
- The Residences by Hilton Club
- Arrivals at the following resort for stays through December 14, 2020 and cancellations received by December 14, 2020 will be automatically refunded:
- Grand Waikikian by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Kalia Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Lagoon Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Arrivals at the following resort for stays through February 28, 2021 and cancellations received by February 28, 2021 will be automatically refunded:
- The Quin Central Park by Hilton Club
- Arrivals at the following resort for stays through March 2, 2021 and cancellations received by March 2, 2021 will be automatically refunded:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Applicable fee refunds will be processed within 5 business days. Because each bank has a different timeframe for posting refunds, please allow 5 to 7 business days for the funds to be credited to your account.
Third-Party Exit Fraud Alert
HGV has received reports that a company claiming to be HGV is offering Owners the ability to reschedule future reservations or extend Points by paying a fee over the phone. These are not calls from HGV and HGV is not affiliated with this company. We caution you against engaging with these callers. Complete our Incident Intake Questionnaire if you suspect you’ve been a victim of this scam. Learn more about third-party fraud and how to protect yourself HERE.
HGV Club News
October 12, 2020
With each decision we’ve made this year, we’ve kept you at the heart of everything we do ...
April 10, 2020
I wanted to reach out to you directly as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact every aspect of our daily lives. My thoughts are with you ...