2021 Club News

Help > Club News > A Message From Mark Wang, President & CEO Hilton Grand Vacations

A Message From Mark Wang, President & CEO Hilton Grand Vacations

April 10, 2020

Dear HGV Owners,

I wanted to reach out to you directly as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact every aspect of our daily lives. My thoughts are with you and your loved ones, especially those suffering from this terrible virus. However, I remain confident we will emerge stronger as a result of the actions we are taking to keep each other safe. As we continue to monitor the situation and prepare for the time that all of us can venture out again, please know that HGV is committed to:

Keeping You Safe

A clean and safe resort environment is at the core of our hospitality values, and your well-being is a top priority. Now more than ever, we’re taking that commitment to an even higher level, using this period to deep clean our rooms and common areas when most of our resorts are not open. We are also using this time to re-imagine our gathering spaces such as pool decks and food and beverage outlets to allow for social distancing. And we are continuing to train our on-site Team Members in enhanced cleaning procedures. Our wish is that you feel at ease when you return to your home away from home. We’re extremely proud of the near-perfect quality assurance scores across our portfolio, which are the highest among the Hilton brands. We are committed to meeting the high standards you set for us, and we will continue to communicate with you regularly on the ongoing actions we are taking.

Protecting Your Travel Flexibility

More than anything, we want you and your loved ones to stay healthy. We know how important travel is to you, and we appreciate that so many of you have expressed an interest in returning to our resorts when the time is right. To that end, we’re working hard to ensure you can enjoy the benefits of your HGV ownership with more flexibility. We’ve extended expired Bonus Points and are working to extend Saved Points, too. Through May 31, 2020, we’ve eliminated fees when booking your 2020 or 2021 vacation online. And, we’re refunding Points and applicable booking fees for reservations with check-in dates through the end of May. We pledge to keep you updated regularly on any additional changes. For more details, please visit my.hgv.com/news.

Taking Care of Our Team Members

Many of you have told me over the years that our Team Members are like a part of your family, and I feel the same way. We are committed to the health and safety of our Team Members, and we’re allowing all who can work from home to do so. We’ve also moved essential functions like our Club Call Center to a work from home model and appreciate your patience as we made that move. With most of our Resort operations temporarily suspended, we know that our Team Members look forward to getting back to work and providing you with our HGV spirit of service.

Ensuring HGV’s Future

Our focus has always been on you, our Owners, who are at the heart of everything we do. We greatly appreciate your trust and understanding as we manage through this unprecedented time. While we had to make some difficult decisions over the past few weeks, rest assured that HGV is well-positioned to withstand this period of closure. As I write this, we’re already working on our resort re-opening process. In the interim, we continue to work on ways to enhance the value of your ownership. And, when you feel inspired to travel the world again, we’ll be here.

Together, we are resilient. We’ve faced and overcome many challenges in the past, and I know we will surpass this one too. It’s been heart-breaking to see the world’s suffering, but also inspiring to see communities coming together to rally behind our first responders and medical professionals. This sense of optimism in the face of trying times can be seen in our HGV teams around the globe who are working hard behind the scenes to prepare to welcome you once again.

Thank you for being a loyal HGV Owner. I wish you and your loved ones good health and many wonderful journeys ahead.

Sincerely,

Mark Wang

President & CEO
Hilton Grand Vacations